Friday, January 23, 2009

A good start


Two photos are on their way through cyberspace for consideration in a reader challenge issued by a certain publication. I don't know if I have any chance for inclusion, but it was a good exercise in perserverance, brainstorming, and overcoming fear, yes, fear! As an artist (which I am still learning to call myself), when a piece of work is put on display, a piece of your soul is put on display. When people comment on the work, it feels like a comment on your skills, your ability, your knowledge, your personality. That is not an easy place to put yourself.

But, I did it!

Working on that altered book got the creative juices flowing again. It gave me the kick in the pants I needed to get moving. Not to have "the" project idea, but to have "a" project idea. In a notebook, I have a list of ideas to get me started. I have a painting that I started altering a while back (and started a post about it), and I need to finish it. I owe it to no one other than myself, but that is enough of a reason to finish it!

I think that will be my next project. So, I better get started. . .

2 comments:

  1. That's really great that you sent your piece in. Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you. I just wrote a post about being an artist and sometimes it is hard to embrace that word. Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!