Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


I started last night by mixing the dry ingredients for our pancakes! I just added the wet ingredients this morning, and away we went. . .




Our morning started with a not-so-long tradition of pink heart shaped pancakes for the girls. I have done this on just a couple of Valentine's Days, but the girls enjoy it! My husband is gearing up for baseball season (as an umpire), so he was off to do some cage work with a baseball team in the area (meaning he was going to practice being an umpire, while they were practicing pitching and batting). Needless to say, he wasn't there for breakfast.

Some turned out more heart-shaped than others : )


Using help from others in blog-land, I bought some pink plates from Target,




I tried a new pancake batter, and tried to set a pretty table.


This is really a pink glass cream pitcher, but my grandma used it for pancake syrup. Today, I introduced my girls to that idea. . .It brings back memories of the sights, sounds, and smells of Grandma's kitchen.






After the pancakes were made,



I made the "Egg in a Nest," again, using the ideas of wonderful ladies out there. . .


My youngest and I each had one of those--very tasty!



Here is the plate of pancakes. They turned out a nice shade of pink! The girls really liked them.





Going, going, GONE!



(We didn't actually eat all of the pancakes, the leftovers are in the fridge in a plastic bag for another day--into the toaster or microwave, and as good as fresh!)

I had to run my youngest to gymnastics this morning, but I dropped her off and came back to clean up a bit.




All in all, I think it was a nice morning, and I do think my girls enjoyed eating together, and enjoyed the special treat of pretty plates, pretty pancakes, and some sweets!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day, whether you celebrate Valentine's or not.

May you always know love,

always have enough,

and always be kind to those who do not.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet V-day. The pink pancakes are really cute! And I really like that you can use those plates all year. :)

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!