Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here is the next step...


Here is the next step of the painting I started to alter quite a while ago. I am taking slow, small steps, but I am trying to make good decisions, as this is a tribute of sorts, to my family heritage.

I had color copies made of some papers found in my grandmother's house. One paper (with purple writing) was from a handwriting notebook. The other strip, with more to be added, is from a small notebook written in German. I cut those copies into strips and glued them in the lower part of the painting. I also made small tags with my mother and her siblings' names, and placed them underneath the wedding portrait of their parents (my grandparents).

I hope to have more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!