Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back to Basics


I have learned that I need to keep learning.

I see that I need to keep looking

I hear that I need to keep listening



I have been reading, searching the internet, looking at magazines, watching TV, trying to find ideas, inspiration, that 'something' to get me started on the next project (not that I have finished any of the last dozen or so. . .).

This evening it finally hit me. I need to stop looking at what others are doing for a moment, and think about who I am, where I come from, and what my art should be. Don't get me wrong, everything I have seen out here is amazing! All of these incredibly intelligent creative women who seem to be able to continually produce wonderful works of art, either in artwork, cooking and baking, or entertaining and hospitality are fun to follow in blogland.

I just need to follow myself for a bit.

I have been overwhelmed and I need to simplify. Perhaps to listen to that still, small voice that tells me who I am created to be and what I am to create. . .

2 comments:

  1. Holly, don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Do what makes YOU happy. I find myself in that place sometimes too, I think all creative people do. The thing that works for me is to find that one thing that makes my heart say Yes that's it, and build from there. Happy creating, I can't wait to see what you do.


    Blessings,
    Beth




























































    Blessing to you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best "medicine" is to just sit down and start creating...no goal in mind. That is when my best ideas come. Create to create. You will find your way.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!