Friday, March 6, 2009

The latest project. . .

I have a friend, who has a friend. . .who helps with a raffle that raises money for a local community's girls' softball team. She thought I might like to contribute a basket for the cause. Here is what I came up with:

I take photos and use those on notecards, there is a slate that I painted as a "Welcome" sign with a lighthouse, and the ornament in the front right has a painting of a building in the town (I love that building). The building is for sale although it is falling down. It was once a local market, but has been vacant for years. It has such character. . .I decided to paint the ornament in sepia tones, since it currently is chippy and various colors due to a partial remodel years ago.

Here is a close-up of the ornament-it is about 4" in diameter, which can make it difficult to get the details exact, but it adds to the hand-made character of the painting.






2 comments:

  1. Holly, your basket it awesome. How generous of you to donate your talent.
    Thank you for the encourgement. I will let you know if we are chosen for the art show.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how neat! The painting on the ornament is great - you're very artistic! :)

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!