Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Experimenting. . .

Here are a couple of things I have been "playing" with. I saw an entry on the Farm Chicks blog awhile back, about a couple that makes and sells paper flowers. aNeMonE is the name of their business. Their work is beautiful!



I was curious if there were any instructions out there, so I did a general search on paper flowers, and found the instructions for these pretty and simple paper flowers.




I still have work to do on them, but it is a fun experiment. . .


I feel bad, because I saw the idea and instructions for these fun flowers on another blog, but cannot remember who's blog, and I cannot find the post or person to give credit. (If you know who, please let me know, and I will keep looking. . .thanks!)

They are strips of tissue paper wrapped around each bulb on a string of Christmas lights, then secured with floral tape.


Cute idea huh?

I have several of the bulbs covered on my strand of lights, but quite a few more to do. . .


Then I have to figure out how to store them without crushing the flowers. . .or. . .I could just leave them up all year round, because I love the soft light it creates!

What do you think?






That is what I have been working on lately. . .that, and cleaning up my mother-in-law's back yard. . .


What have you been up to?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, that is a cute idea with the paper flowers. My son once made a paper rose out of toilet seat covers, 2 in fact, I still have them.LOL
    I'm working on collage for the art and antique show this month. I enjoyed the visit, thanks.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute! I like them with the tissue paper around them. How sweet that would be for an evening get-together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both ideas are fantastic! Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!