Friday, April 17, 2009

Small bits of color
Pushing up from the ground

Brown is fading
Green is brightening
Life is miraculous
God is good


The girls have taken turns being sick this week. I am so glad it is Friday, and next week is April vacation! I think we all need some downtime to rest and recover.
I was hoping to watch the Lyrid meteor showers on Tuesday night, but it is supposed to rain, so I don't think we will be able to. It is so amazing to sit and watch the night sky, looking at stars, finding constellations, then, suddenly, a bright streak, then another. . .

http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast27apr99_1.htm

It is pretty amazing, so if you have the chance, and a pleasant forecast, take your lawn chair, blanket and kids to watch God's amazing light show! (You don't need binoculars either!)


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-474257/Incredible-meteor-shower-lights-sky.html

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a plan if it isn't raining. I am so happy to see some color showing up in the yard as well. The only color we have so far is green. But, I am happy to see that after a very long cold winter. Yippee- it's warming up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many memories of summer skies and shooting stars. I hope you were able to watch. Thank you for dropping in and enjoying my garden party. I hope you have a wonderful week off with everyone being well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this was happening - we'll definitely watch for it if there's a clear sky this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little poem. Is it something you wrote? I've jotted it down - the image of brown and green are so strong.
    We can't see much of the sky in the city it seems. Can't wait for country life star gazing!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!