Monday, July 13, 2009

Here is what I have been up to. . .

Here is our church:



The last two weeks have been filled with painting, cutting, planning, and placing decorations for our Vacation Bible School.
During our work, we did get some visitors. . .


The lovely lady I was working with has three daughters. Two of them have dogs. They brought them to visit. . .one is a Pomeranian (Prince) and the other is a miniature Dachshund (Digger).

The pictures are a bit blurry, because they did not stop the entire time they were in the room! But you get the idea how cute they were. . .


Back to work!
The VBS theme this year is Crocodile Dock. The setting is the swampy bayou, and I was helping paint the background for the main room (the sanctuary), a hallway, and the craft room.
Here is the sanctuary in progress:

Here is the painting for the craft room (it is about 4ft x 8ft).

(Same painting)

Here the trees are in place, but more decorating to come. . .

Here is the hallway painting, in place and decorated.



A close up. . .
Here is the sanctuary completed, although the lighting in my photo isn't the best.

So, that is what I have been doing. VBS started tonight, so I hope the kids are having a fun time, and are getting into the bayou mood. Most of all, I hope they are learning about Jesus, and how much He loves them, and wants them to know Him!

5 comments:

  1. Hello my bloggy friend! WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all..your church looks precious and perfect! Secondly...you have been BUSY. The painting looks amazing and I hope the chilren had an incredible time learning about the Lord. Who knows what that week will do for those children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly,
    Beatiful work on the VBS paintings :) I can almost hear the bullfrogs! Very creative.Have a great weekend, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little church is beautiful and the stage work for teaching children is amazing! I also loved your little creative space! (Come visit!)

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!