Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dreams. . .

Jeanne was talking about dreams in her blog. . .
When was the last time I thought about a dream of my own? There is an idea, which I have shared with a couple of friends, and perhaps it is a dream, but my practical, "real world" side tells me it won't happen, there is no way. . .
It gets tucked back in the corner of my mind. Some days the glint of sunlight will catch it, causing me to pick it up and hold it for a time. Thinking about the joy, the work, the possibilities. Could it? Could I? Would it? Wouldn't it? What if? Why not? How in the world?
Does anyone else find that life gets in the way of dreaming? The mundane, the difficult, even the pleasant duties of everyday keep us busy, too busy to stop and think about the endless possibilities that could be. . .
Fear keeps me from dreaming too big. It doesn't have a strangle hold on my dreams, but it surrounds my thoughts enough to keep them "practical," "realistic," and "useful." It keeps me from talking about dreams with too many people. Like Jeanne said, the fear of failure, or appearing foolish is strong.
There is work to be done, and dreams to be chased, so the next step is the first step and. . .
The first step is the dream. . .

2 comments:

  1. Dream big...what is life without those sweet, sweet dreams!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it...even if it is still in the dream stage...think that you are doing it already...

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!