Friday, May 28, 2010

Thoughts. . .

Do you ever wonder what lies beyond the shore?
What do I want to do with my life?
What am I supposed to do with my life?
I know the here, the now. I know what I can see. I know this spot on which I stand. What about the places out there I don't know, the places I cannot see? How do I move myself from here to there?
In the Bible, Matthew 14:29-30, Jesus calls Peter to walk on the water. "Then Peter got down out of the boat and walked on the water to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' "

Isn't that just like us? We hear the call, but when we take our eyes off Jesus, we quickly sink. We see all the chaos, or struggle or hard work it might take to follow through, and in fear, we give up.
I am praying for direction, for strength, trust and faith to follow the One who calls me His child.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I've thought about this story a lot. How much faith Peter had in stepping a foot onto those waves. And how Jesus saved him when he faltered, despite his flaws and his lapse in faith. That story gives me much hope!

    I popped over from Chatting at the Sky, and see that you are a Midwesterner relocated to New England. I've had the opposite journey -- lived in Massachusetts all my life, then moved to Nebraska 9 years ago.

    It's so nice to meet you here!

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!