Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready. . .

I don't "do" New Year's resolutions.  I know myself too well.  If someone else gives me instructions, or a job to do, I can and will do it as best I can, and on schedule.  If I give myself a job to do, I procrastinate, think of reasons I should be doing something else, or put someone else's request or need in front of my own.  I can make to do lists with shopping, errands, miscellaneous small tasks, but when it comes to scheduling time to create. . .it doesn't seem practical or worthy of a list or place on the calendar. 

I hope to change this.  I need to change this.  I am a creative person, I love new ideas!  I have plenty of things I would love to try.  I don't know why I always overthink things and find reasons not to begin a project.  I need to try, to do, to act on these ideas I have been storing up for so long. 

Enough with reasons not to create--clutter, laundry, dishes. . .

I still need to do these things, but they shouldn't be a hinderance to my creative time.  I have a family that needs to be cared for, but I need to learn when it is okay for me to be selfish in my time to be who I am created to be. . .

Ready, set. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!