Monday, February 28, 2011

Work Zone Ahead

I love this saying.  I had it hatch out of a fortune cookie, and just recently someone asked if I could paint it on a sign for their dad, because he liked it.

It is something I need to keep in the front of my mind as I go about de-cluttering, and therefore de-stressing. 

We can accumulate so many things, and with each thing comes emotions, memories, thoughts, excuses. When the time comes to determine what to keep and what to let go, all of those tie lines and anchors hinder us from clearing away the mess in our homes, heads and hearts.  

A pastor in a church I attended many years ago used to say, "The suit you are buried in doesn't have pockets."  If I am to be focused on God's will and what He wants of me, I need to make sure I am not clinging to things that are frivolous extras.  God does bless us with good things, earthly possessions, monetary wealth, and wonderful houses.  I just know that He also warns us, "where your heart is, there your treasure is also."  I need to evaluate where my heart is.  Can it be found in that box of magazines full of great, creative and wonderful ideas, or in having an open space to play games with the girls, making them feel special, and having a peaceful spot to talk with them about their dreams, fears, and faith. . . 

Everyone may have a different answer, but I know mine, and what I need to work on and through.  However difficult it may be, I know I do not work alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!