Monday, May 2, 2011

New Projects

I began work on two different projects last week.  I am learning that when an idea strikes, I need to move on it!  Was it Mary Poppins that said "once begun is half done. . .?" 

This painting is from a photo I took a while ago.  I started  with the background and then asked my oldest daughter what I should do with it.  She suggested the trees, and here it is, part of it, anyway.


This second project was actually supposed to be a back-up plan for a small talent show at our church.  Each year they have a kid's talent show, and this year not many signed up beforehand.  The youth leader asked if I could do a quick painting or something in case they did not have enough participation.  They had enough acts, but I plan to work on this and see what comes of it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the stark beauty of that tree (and I love your header, too).

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!