Monday, October 8, 2012

Dreams

Is there ever a time to let go of dreams?  To move on and see what lies around the next corner?  Can dreams keep us tied to one spot, more like an anchor, rather than a balloon that lifts us to new places?  At what point do the ideas and thoughts and hopes we hold dear, keep us from moving forward?

Where does the crossroads of productivity and imagination lie, and how do we navigate it when we reach it?

Productivity,
Responsibility
Usefulness
Reality

versus

Imagination
Creativity
Art
Beauty

These are some conflicts that I have been trying to sort out - for years!  I still don't have an answer.  Have I been given abilities, talents, ideas to simply thing about and not act on?  Or are these things simply excuses I use to avoid reality and responsibility?  Where is the balance?  Do I have to choose, or can they work together? 

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!