Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cleansing





I just finished scrubbing the shower. Exciting, right?







I am not the best housekeeper, that I freely admit. There is much more house cleaning to be done... And not just in our apartment.


I flipped over a new day in my (in)courage Everyday Inspiration, and today - "There is no cleansing agent more powerful than the distilling blood of Christ." - Angela Nazworth, womb woven and wonderfully made  I love it when God shows me the connections between the most daily things like house cleaning, and His Word...  "God things" my girls and I call those...

As I think about where I was, where I am, and who I am, I have to renew my mind (Romans 12:2 - note to self: actually read the entire chapter), throw off the things that hinder, and run the race marked out for me (Hebrews 12:1...). 

I continue to clean our apartment, but I need to expose and confess the dirt on my heart, and let Jesus wash it clean.  While I vacuum and dust and clean the floors the irony of my putting it off is not lost.  And when I finally get to the point of being willing to work at cleaning, how much more difficult it is to get the dust, and soap scum to surrender. 

How many times have (do) I harbored hurt and anger and resentment?  How many times have I refused to let go, thinking I have forgiven because I have said the words, yet my heart has been in need of a deep scrubbing.  When I get to the point of giving it to Jesus, and letting Him cleanse, it might be difficult, a bit painful even, to surrender these things and trust Him to take care of them. He isn't going to pull them from us, we have to let go...

My work here goes on, and His work in me continues... But oh, the shine that will come with His help!  Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!