Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Looking Ahead





Just ahead, Spring is around the corner (I think...). We got another two feet of snow less than a week ago, but now the sun is shining, the snow is just about gone after yesterday's rain, and it is supposed to be close to 50 degrees today.  The saying around here is, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute!" 

Looking further ahead, I have ideas that need to meet with reality.  I think about all these things I would like to get done, yet I don't seem to be making any progress.  After reading Jon Acuff's latest blog post I am going to make a list.  My list is a bit different than what he suggests.and may not make sense to someone else reading it, but I am hoping that the accountability of putting it out there for others to see will motivate me to actually move forward...

"Hello reality.  I would like you to meet some of my acquaintances, soon to be friends:"
  • studio space
  • self portrait series
  • train station painting
  • The Name painting
  • altered journal making - class
  • listing prints
Yes, I have quirks... :) 

I would appreciate any input you have on what works for you - as far as organizing your time/space, how you manage to set time aside for yourself, how you motivate your creative self...Just leave me a comment! 


2 comments:

  1. Holly, I've really struggled this last year with organizing my work space and my time. So I wish I could offer some good advice. I feel like I'm still a student, rather than an advice-giver. So I'll just be the friend in the corner, waving at you saying, "If you're freaking out, see me; I understand!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! I appreciate knowing that I might not be the only one working through this. It is more fun learning together, and I suppose if we are moving forward, at least we are heading in the right direction!

      Delete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!