Friday, August 16, 2013

Some Projects Finished, Some Yet To Come

I am a procrastinator.  

There, I said it... Sometimes the most difficult thing is getting something started.
I find once I get something started, it is easier to get back to it and finish.

Here are just a few things I have been working on over the past few months.  Some are finished, and some are just getting started!

This is a dress my youngest wanted made for her end-of-year dinner dance.  She chose the fabric and the pattern.  She was happy with it.

This is a wrap bracelet I made in the Spring.  It is fun to learn new things, and I like to experiment, so this was a project that fit that bill!

  

The theme for our Vacation Bible School this year was "Kingdom Rock."  I wasn't able to help out as much as I have in the past, so I just helped when I could, and made this suit of "armor" out of cardboard. I told you I like to try new things!

 

I have a sketch on this canvas - for a painting I have been wanting to get started for some time.  I went to New York with the girls and a friend a few years ago now.  We visited Ellis Island and Liberty Island.  I have a photo of the train/ferry station at Liberty Park in New Jersey, where we caught the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. 
The architecture is beautiful and I can picture the painting in my mind.  I don't get those pictures in my head  as often as I used to, so  I am looking forward to working on it...


This is a small beginning to a watercolor class I am getting ready to teach next week.  I have a couple simple projects in mind for the class.  The main thing I want to let the students know:  notice the details in things around you.  It is good to see the big picture, but sometimes it is just as important to notice the details.

 
Just a few things I have going on...  What about you?

Are you a procrastinator?  What do you really want to get started?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!