Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unwound

 You know that feeling that you try to fight off, to avoid like the plague, to pretend isn't really there...
I try to keep everything running as smooth as I can.  Making sure homework is worked on, figuring out dinner, helping with projects or Algebra problems, or computer glitches.  When there is a question about this event in history or does this sentence make sense for a thesis, I get to field them and work through the process. 

Some days this goes pretty well.  Other days - or nights - we are up until midnight fighting through the fatigue and frustration to find an answer. The answer doesn't always come.  At least not in the way or time-frame that would allow us to get a good night's sleep. 

Of course this makes mornings (insert sarcastic tone here) fun... All of us are exhausted and yet the school bell is still going to ring, the reports at work are still needing to be finished, and more homework and studying and essays will arrive before dinner.  

Unwinding isn't an option, but the more we push through this, the more unwound I seem to become. 

I don't know about you, but it seems when I come unwound, everything else follow suit. Sometimes this unraveling might be inevitable, but I don't think I should make it a habit.  God tells us that we shouldn't worry about tomorrow, that each day has enough trouble of its own.  I need to change my viewpoint, my attitude, my heart-itude.  Seeking Him first, asking for grace and strength to support and encourage my family.

Father, grant Your peace to our family.  Keep us walking in Your way and seeking Your face. Amen

How do you change your focus when things get tough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!