Friday, November 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday - More Than a Tree

When I saw the prompt for today's Five Minute Friday was "tree" I was excited, and a little hesitant - as I usually am when I think about writing with no edits. But, here goes...

Tree

This word which conjures such images and has deep roots for me.  Going back to college when I was working on an art piece and challenged by my professor to think about it a little differently.  A tree is rooted at the center of my faith.  A tree bridges my way from darkness to light.

Every tree I see, whatever form it might take, brings this to mind

A tree with its branches stretched to the sky offering shade to those beneath or a home to those above.

A telephone pole that carries lines of power, electric, heat, conversation, words of hope, encouragement

A fence that draws a boundary between where things should be...

A tree that held my Savior who held my sin so that I could have hope, welcome, power, a place to call home, a reason to worship and raise hands, and I know the place where I should be.

So many things just from seeing a word - Tree

Head over to Lisa-Jo's place to find more stories and perhaps consider your own five minutes of courage...
Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! The fence and it's boundary really caught my eye as not ever tree ends up being used for it's height.
    Nice job!
    Stopped in from Five Minute Friday
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your thoughts!