Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Project In-between...

Along with starting to learn how to use my camera this past week, I had a project to work on for the girls' youth group.  They are talking about prayer, and their leader asked me for some input on something visual to give them a connecting point.  We talked about Joshua, when after the Israelites crossed the Jordan, God told Joshua to send twelve men back to get twelve stones from the riverbed.  These were to be a monument. These were to be a testimony to God's power.
 
As we talked, we decided on a picture of a river, with paper stones on which the teens will write their prayer requests.  As they make their requests known, they will place the stones on the river.  They then have an image to help them remember to pray for one another, but also, when their prayers are answered, they will take the stone from the river, and place it on a "monument" as a testimony to God's power and faithfulness.
 
The next step for me was to paint the river.  I had a drop cloth that I had used a couple of years ago for an Italian dinner.  It was a fundraiser for the youth group's missions trip to Mississippi.  On this cloth I had painted a very small portion of Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam."   
 
 Playing with camera settings . . .
 As I thought about it, I thought about God's hand behind our prayers.  How He hears us, He knows us, He longs for us to call on Him to follow Him.  He holds us up.
 More camera settings. . .
I did iron this before I gave it to my girls to take to youth group, but here is the finished river. 

Their leader will make the stones for the requests, but I love the idea of these stones as remembrances, monuments. . . testimonies. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!