Monday, April 7, 2014

Introduction: A trip through the Curious State - A Story

Welcome!  Come in and sit for a minute as we prepare for our excursion.  Let me start by telling you a little about myself:

I travel within the sprawling borders of the State of Learning, whose nickname is the Curious State.

I meander over hills and down paths and choose more and less traveled roads looking for inspiration, and answers to questions that bounce around in my head.  I look for the strange and the beautiful, the beautifully strange, and the strangely beautiful things that might be overhead, underfoot, right in front of, or  just around the next turn.

I observe the everyday, but perhaps with a different perspective than some.

I look for details and listen for the stories that things have to tell.  For the unspoken as well as the spoken. 

I wonder about possibilities: things that were, things that are, and things that might be. 

As your guide, I will ask questions as we travel.  I will point out the obvious and not-so-obvious.  I will ask you to take your time, look around and truly look at your surroundings, taking in all the beauty.

Well, why don't we get started.  Your packing list for this trip:  your sense of sight, smell, touch, hearing, wonder, and your curiosity and imagination. 
  
To Be Continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!