Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What is Your Motivation?

I seem to have hit another dry spell when it comes to ideas.      Wait. 

That isn't entirely true.

I seem to be able to come up with ideas, but the implementing is the problem.  I have a list of projects that I would like to get moving on, but by the time I get home from work, get dinner figured out and made, the family fed and the girls pressed to finish homework (which they do pretty well without too much asking from me), my mental fuel tank is near empty. 

I read this post yesterday Why the World Needs the Makers to Say No Boldly (and again today) by Myquillyn, aka The Nester.  I am a maker.  I need a good chunk of time to feel like I can get something accomplished, and if I foresee an interruption, it makes me procrastinate.  Doesn't sound like it makes much sense, but if you read what she says, and the article she refers to, it might - I hope.  

If not, well at least I know I am good at one thing...procrastinating!  

So back to the title of the post - what motivates you to start a project?
  • Is it easier to keep working on something once you have started?  
  • Or is it easier to start and then set it aside?  
  • What are some "tools" you use to get yourself moving on something?  

I would love to hear some tips, advice, suggestions...
Myquillyn
Myquillyn
Myquillyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!