With the holidays moving closer, my focus can turn to the craziness of planning and doing. I want to be sure to set aside some quiet time for remembering all the blessings I have been given, and I want a place to keep those reminders, those things I find unique or lovely, or worth noting. It might be a word or three, quotes, thoughts, images, pictures, textures.
If you want to follow along with your own journal, I will include pictures and steps of my process, but here is where you can get started, and if you have any questions, please leave a comment here, or on my Facebook page! !
- First you will need a book. It can be an actual book, or a sketchbook or journal. Something with a fairly sturdy cover.
- Remove sections of pages to make room to add more layers of paint, paper, etc. (cutting or tearing out three or four pages here, six or seven pages there. . .)
- Glue some pages together with a glue stick, to make thicker sections. (gluing three or four pages together here, six or seven pages together there. . .)
- Once the glue is dry, go over each page with gesso, which is a type of primer to protect the pages from the paint and other elements we might add. (I don't believe this is absolutely necessary, so you can move on to the next step if you don't have gesso.)
- Gather your supply of papers, paints, markers, pens, pencils, glue, fabric scraps, rubber stamps, ink pads. . . you get the idea. . .
As we move closer to Thanksgiving, where is your focus? How do you keep reminders of blessings, lovely things, or fun memories!