Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Progress Report - Table and Chairs and. . .

I have had these doors now for a couple of months. I have some big plans for them too! Though I have been taking longer to get after this project than I would like. . .such is the life of a procrastinator!  
I have been able to remove the small, rusty knob and latch that were on the doors - really they were disintegrating, so I basically pulled them off, with the screws pulling out as well.

There are still two hinges and a large metal piece that looks like a hook or possibly a latch to hold the door closed(?).  That might be difficult to remove. . .

I also found a couple of chairs on the side of the road a short time ago, and while they look sturdy (after I tighten up the legs) I think I am going to paint them.  I will begin by cleaning them, and then covering them with a coat of bonding primer which I used for this chair, and works really well.  Then I can decide what color I want to paint them.




The girls have invited some friends over to hang out this Saturday, so I am working on some simple decorations for that, to make our space a little more "Fall-festive-feeling."  (I will share more on how I made some of these things in a later post...)

 I have some more ornament orders to work on as well, and my to-do list keeps growing and changing. . .

We also squeezed in a college visit this week...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!