Friday, October 24, 2014

The Story of My Art - "Cherries"


This painting began with a colander full of fresh, sweet cherries.  I splurged on a bag from the store and had just rinsed them off.  As they sat there on the counter, the light through the window over the sink caught the drops of water making them look like tiny bubbles of light on the surface.  I captured the image with my camera, as I knew the scene wouldn't last.
 The original was painted in acrylics on a 24" x 24" canvas.  I love the various shades of red in this one bowl. 
 
I painted the edge of the canvas the same green as the stems, and wrote out the fruit of the Spirit listed from Galatians 5:22-23.

 "Cherries"
24"x24" acrylic on canvas
Private collection
Prints available on request
 
I also painted these cherries in watercolor. . .

  
 


"Cherries 2"
Watercolor
11" x 14" 
framed
$45

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!