Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Art Journal - Giving Thanks In All Things

While I have been working on some other projects, my art journal has been sitting quietly, waiting for some attention. Honestly, it is one of those things that is fun to do when I dive in, but can be intimidating to me when I think about opening up the pages.

I want this journal to be filled with gratitude. Reminding me of the many blessings that fill my life. Sometimes they can be hard to see especially in this season but I want to focus on the important things. I know I have a to-do list, and a grocery list and some things to prepare for Thursday, but what about setting aside the crazy busy that we get caught up in?

What about taking just a minute (or five) and pausing to think on the things that we can be thankful for. . .
  • A rug that needs vacuuming means we have a home to shelter us from the weather.
  • Having a grocery list means we have food to prepare.
  • Dirty laundry means we have clothes - plenty of clothes - to wear and keep us warm
  • Dirty dishes mean we have had food to eat.

Give thanks for what you have been given, even those things that may not seem like gifts!

Pray for those who may not have as much, and beyond praying, seek out where you can help them, not just in this season, but all year long.

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Do you have a local food pantry? Many grocery stores have donation boxes for non-perishable goods right in the entry way.

Do you live in an urban setting? Are there shelters or kitchens where you can volunteer your time in the near future?

Do you belong to a church? Ask if they have any plans to help serve a meal, volunteer some time, or gather donations. If they don't, maybe you can start it!

We have so much to be thankful for...

List them, share them, pass them on. . .









No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!