Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I have to show for my time off. . .

Happy New Year!

It has been a little while since I wrote in this space, so I thought I should touch base and say hello!

We are working on getting back into the routine of school and work, so things have been a little crazy, and I have been a little distracted.  I am working on a painting I started after I rearranged the dining room area.  I rearranged some things to see how it worked, and behold, a blank spot on the wall appeared and needed something to fill it.  I had a canvas that I bought for a specific idea, and it was the right shape and size, so I had to start it!

I am still working out the final details of the painting, but here are a few progress pictures...  (If you are on Facebook, you can like my Facebook page, or follow me on Instagram:  @hollyjanecreative, to keep tabs on my doings too!)

  The palette of colors for the painting...


Some of the cloud details. . .


 The entire canvas, waiting for the extra details to finish. . .


Some house sketches to add to the bottom of the painting...they are small, maybe an inch-and-a half wide...


This is a separate project I worked on one day over my vacation.  It is about 5 x 6 inches, and was a fun experiment!  Watercolors, watercolor paper, cardboard (box), glue, book pages. . . I like the way the shadows play behind the tree cutout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your thoughts!